Sunday, December 1, 2019

Christmas 2019

A few things happened at the end of 2018 (after I had posted the 2018 Christmas entry).

I turned 60 and a big group of us went to P.F. Chang's. We had a birthday cake. Meade also took me to the Melting Pot. I LOVE the Melting Pot. I was very happy with my birthday. Not so happy that I'm OLD but I don't feel like it and at least Meade is more than 6 months older than me :) There is also the benefit that it means I'm closer to retiring. My plan is to start working part time from Mississippi on December 18, 2020.(the Friday after I turn 62). It is 383 days (1 year and 17 days) from today.

I got a new car on December 18th. It is a Toyota Corolla Hatchback. I LOVE it. It is the first year they have made this model. It is bright blue and has some great features including hands free phone, dynamic cruise control (it adjusts to the traffic), automatic lights, automatic temperature control and a backup camera. Her name is Maya.
We went to Florida in January. We stayed at the Vacation Village Resort in Kissimmee. It is one of the resorts related to our timeshare and we got a whole week for under $300. It had a full kitchen and a whirlpool tub. It was very nice. There was a lot of traffic in the area but that wasn't a big impact.
I went with my Mom and my great nephew James to the Brevard County zoo. I went to the Orlando ICON (big ferris wheel) with Lee. We also got to see our friends Sarah Benson and David Hightower.


I have been listening to K-Love (Christian music). I went to my first Christian music concert the TobyMac tour. It was good and had 5 different artists. The power went out in downtown Huntsville for about an hour and they played music with just one guitar and minimal lights. The crowd took it well, nobody got upset.

I drove up to to Nashville to see a Predator game. The weather was horrible which made the drive a big challenging and unfortunately they lost but I'm still glad I went. 

Meade and I went to a Celtic Woman concert. Meade actually wanted to go which is unusual so I was very excited to go. The show was more choreographed than I expected.  They have really beautiful voices.

I went to Rickwood cavern which is about an hour south of Huntsville. It was a bigger cave system than I expected since I had never heard of it. Unfortunately, my camera died so I lost the pictures I took. Just means I'll have to go again :)

I went to see Beautiful - the Carole King Musical. A friend at work had gone and really liked it. It was very good. 

I went to the CMA Fest with a friend from work (Carley Beth). It is a four day country music festival in Nashville. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. It was pricey but very convenient. There were lots and lots of artists on multiple stages. It rained on the first day but then stopped. Luckily it didn't get too hot.  I definitely enjoyed it and am glad I went but also very glad Carley Beth came with me.
I went to Florida in May to stay with my Mom.  It was our annual trip but she didn't want to go anywhere. I went on a bioluminescence kayak trip. It wasn't as dramatic as I expected but it was still neat. I visited my friend Sarah Benson while I was there. I also went to Orlando to see Lee. I drove down from Alabama by myself for the first time. It wasn't a problem because I had an audio book. I would not have liked it at all without it. I even drove home in one day without stopping. It was a LONG day but not a problem.

I went to adult Space Camp. It was three days/two nights. Our team was16 adults. There were a few couples and one father/daughter but most of us were there on our own. I really liked the multiple axis trainer and the team exercise. They kept us busy from 7:30 in the morning until 10 at night. I'm very glad I went. There is an annual reunion that you can choose the things to do. I hope to get Meade to come with me.


Meade and I went to Hot Springs Arkansas for a  week. We stayed at the Sunbay Resort. It is another resort related to our timeshare and we got a whole week for under $300. It also had a full kitchen and a whirlpool tub.The only problem is it was VERY hot all week (over 90 degrees) so I couldn't spend as much time outside as I would have. I went to one of the spas downtown twice to soak in the hot spring water. It is a really nice area and we plan to go again (probably every few years since it is close to home).


I got to go on a 2 week business trip to New Mexico. I made good use of the weekend I was there by checking out the Dripping Falls nature area, the Recycled Roadrunner and the old downtown. I wouldn't want to live out there because it is too brown but I do love to visit.

Meade has been working hard at keeping his blood sugar under control. I'm really proud of him. He also got his first colonoscopy. He had no problems with it and didn't hate it like a lot of people do. 

We had a good year and look forward to 2020. Have a good holiday.

No comments: